THE LIE That Hijacked Patriotism, Governance & Freesponsibility
It is ethical to manufacture support for a position using covert manipulation.
A titanic battle is under way for your loyalty. This battle cuts across the economic, political and religious spectrums. It has placed patriotism in service of something other than constitutional integrity.
- Climate change regulation is unpatriotic.
- Opposing climate change regulation is unpatriotic.
- Preserving personal freedom is more patriotic than promoting the common good.
- Promoting the common good is more important than preserving personal freedom.
It’s one or the other. You’re for me or against me. Polarization is king.
In today’s profoundly polarized political climate, patriotism has come to mean:
- Opposing other political parties at all costs
- Having the right to turn your religious beliefs or ideological agenda into the law of the land
- Being entitled to be taken care of by the government so you don’t have to be self-responsible
- Aggrandizing personal freedom in order to justify ignoring social responsibility
- Believing that your country is entitled to have whatever it wants regardless of its impact on other countries
WHO BENEFITS From You Believing the Lie About Patriotism, Governance & Freesponsibility
Question #1: What function does polarization serve?
Answer #1: Polarization divides citizens against each other.
Question #2: Who most stands to gain from a divided citizenry?
Answer #2: Narcissistic businesses, special interests and ideological fanatics.
- What is their tool of choice to get their way? The manufacturing of consent is used to manipulate disempowered citizens into believing that what will be done at their expense is actually good for them.
- Those who manufacture consent suffer from Entitlement Disorder.
- And they in turn unwittingly breed others to have it as well.
THE TRUTH About Patriotism, Governance & Freesponsibility
Constitutional integrity plus integrated loyalty equals mature patriotism.
The opposite of narcissistic entitlement is self-responsibility and social responsibility.
- Self-responsibility is the cornerstone of individual freedom. Social responsibility is the cornerstone of a society’s responsibility to safeguard the common good.
Freedom without responsibility is narcissism. Responsibility without freedom is slavery.
- Freedom plus responsibility is mature patriotism. Also known as Freesponsibility.
Thomas Jefferson said, “The federal government is our servant, not our master.” The American government’s constitutional mandate, as put forth in its Mission Statement (i.e., the Constitution’s Preamble) is to be a servant to its citizens by functioning at the intersection of preserving individual freedom and promoting the common good. Functioning at the intersection of preserving individual freedom and promoting the common good is the constitutional mandate of all democracy-centered republics. It is Constitutional Integrity.
Integrated loyalty recognizes that being human means having many loyalties. This is why loyalty includes much more than only patriotism.
- Integrated loyalty means your loyalty toward one person or group does not usually conflict with your loyalty to another.
- When some of your loyalties are regularly in conflict with others, this means you have loyalty confusion. Either your vision of loyalty needs adjustment or your choices about who you are loyal to needs adjustment.
Combining constitutional integrity and integrated loyalty creates the kind of transformational patriotism needed for ending political polarization and the domination of narcissistic special interests in the media and government.
CHANGING THE GAME: How to Take Patriotism, Governance & Freesponsibility Back
- Become an effective fact-checker and spin-buster. Check these twoIntegrityWatch Blog posts for my tips about how to do this:
- The Corporation (DVD)
- The U.S. Constitution & Declaration of Independence
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
- Utilize the self-help resource in the “Take Your Next Step” section below
Take Your Next Step
Mature patriotism and integrated loyalty are learnable skills.
This book has won six awards. In a more diverse range of categories than perhaps any other book in history:
- Current Events in Politics & Society
- Social Change
- Conscious Business & Leadership
- Health & Wellness
This is why this is the book you have been waiting for. It is called “The New IQ: How Integrity Intelligence Serves You, Your Relationships & Our World.” Its companion workbook guides you step-by-step in customizing what you learn so it works in your own life.
This material is your vaccine against being manipulated by the relentless “manufacturing of consent” machine. It does this by providing you with a complete blueprint for creating sustainable happiness, and making a positive difference in the world, without sacrificing your health or accumulating unsustainable debt.
The dawn of the second decade of the 21st century is your time to take back your power. Not only for your sake, but in the end for the sake of us all. This material is the most valuable gift you can give yourself and others to kick off the new decade.
Order copies now. For yourself. For your loved ones. For your employees, managers and executives. For your students, clients or customers. For your religious, community service, or nonprofit organizations. For your leaders.
|I want just the book||I want the book & workbook||I want everything you’ve got|
Together we can take back our happiness, health, prosperity, patriotism and problem-solving from the manufacturers of consent. Here’s to your happiness, health and prosperity in the new decade!
|US Constitution & Declaration of Independence (PDF)||724.86 KB|